Lamer's Corner ~ can't stand it...

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Time for changes...

heya ppl.... juz woke up frm another urgently needed nap.... niway didn't post yesterday coz of the dinner thingie... got baq quite late..... waz tired.... sighz... hate being tired....

anyway dis blog is gonna undergo some reforms.... not aesthetically tho... but the format of posts is gonna change.... well... i'm gonna talk abt religion all i want here... itz MY blog... so to u so-called self-proclaimed "aethists" who haf a problem with me blogging abt religion... read on or exit here... coz dis is MY blog n here.... u're in MY world.... so if u haf problems with dat... tough... *shrugz*

oooook.... with structural change comes structural unemployment.... so pls excuse me if the entry isn't as gd....

well anyway yesterday me church celebrated itz 31st anniversary... *happy new yr*... it waz a gd time to see the whole church family coming together to participate in dis occassion.... n also a gd time to meet up with our fellow brethren frm overseas... itz been 15 yrs of missions work n as said b4... missions is worth it... anytime.... didn't haf time to catch up with the ppl frm overseas tho.... too many ppl and too much gd stuff to eat... haha... well... went home zonked out n juz plonked on the bed after bathing....

sunday sunday... woke up late todae!! sighz.... oh well... at least made it to church juz in time i guess.... watched a short clip on amy carmichael.... some missionary woman who did a lot of stuff in india... most well-known for her sortof "orphanage" in india where abandoned indian girls r brought to to seek refuge.... veri nice place to live in... plenty of greenery n beautiful architecture.... but yeah... the clip demonstrated wat God could do with one life... dat it may touch the lives of hundreds of ppl...

well... dis got me tinking... "i'm not outstanding like dat amy carmichael person.... so wat can God do with my life??"... such thoughts come to me oh so oftenly... but somehow dis time it got to me.... i didn't know wat i'm living for... for myself? yeah sure... there r many thing i can do for myself.... y not take drugz n juz wreck myself?? doing stuff for myself oso needs a direction..... n sad to say i've been rather directionless.... drifting ard with the flow of time... not knowing wat i'm doing with my life....

well... mum always has a gd way of helping me put stuff in perspective.... thank God for a gd discerning mum who juz knows how to get stuff across... well.. wasn't a scolding but still waz effective.. haha.. anyway i guess now i shld realli strip my life down to the bare essentials n try to keep the little extras in my life out of my life for the moment.... i've got too many thingz dat realli clutter up my life... esp those 2 dreaded thingz called SCHOOL n EXAMS... irksome.... but yeah... i guess my life has to revolve ard building dis personal relationship with God first.... as well as doing wat i can do for sch.... i guess my life so far has spun out of focus with the many thingz i haf to focus on.... it has come to a point of having no focus at all... juz living my life a day at a time doing wateva is thrown at me....

itz time to shape up n shake off the junk..... need to realli take some timeout to get down to seeing wateva i can shake off in my life.... i need to focus on a direction in life.... and with dat to eventually find my place in God's big plan in many years to come....

hmm... another area i gotta start developing is my prayer life.... frankly speaking i haven't been praying much for my past 18 yrs of my life.... as i haf thought abt b4.... i tink i'm a result of my parents' prayers.... if not for their prayers i wouldn't haf become who i am today.... i tink i would haf become a veeeri bitter person... i wun want dat too.... but now i tink itz the time for me to embark on my own journey of prayer.... coz "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"... n itz veri appropriate for me to start in my small way now... itz gonna be tough.... haf tried it for awhile b4... but now itz a commitment i haf to put down for life.... guess i gotta start with a little prayer book to write down wat i wanna pray for... i tend to forget.. hehe.. :P

well... i've been lamenting over my sad life for the past few months but today's talk with mum realli woke me up to a bigger perspective of thingz.... having been reaffirmed in easter.... i haf committed my life to God... n itz up to Him wat He wants to do with it.... there r a few verses in Hebrews 12 dat realli reminds me of wat i haf gotten myself into (verses 7-11)... *ding dong* take some time to read it... itz meaningful stuff....having been reaffirmed n considered a "son of God"... i guess datz wat i haf to go thru now.... but yeah... guess these verses in James 1:2-4 sum up wat my mindset shld be with all these crap coming up in my life....

well... i wun apologise for the constant bombardment of bible verses.... itz fun to find something datz not juz in the bible for the sake of looking oh so cheem n sophisticated but itz applicable in life n actually works.... so yeah... pls take some time to read those verses if u can spare some time....

well.. i dis entry's been veeeri long.... guess i shld sign off for now... if u haf read the entire entry pls tag me flooble.... u'll be given due acknowledgement for ur achievement.. hahaha... :P so til the nxt entry... hasta la vista... baby.... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home