Lamer's Corner ~ can't stand it...

Saturday, September 18, 2004

reflections after 13 dayz of silence...

eeeelllo ppl.... hehe... i'm FINALLY baq after 13 dreadful dayz... haha... i bet u all wanna know watz gg on with me life now?? eh.... guess not.. haha.. :P oh btw.... fritz: snow skin mooncakes rock man!! haha... the chewy, soft n smooooth texture is juz *SLURP*... :P~~~ n yk.... i dun tink dat would liken to *meow*....

ook... wow... itz been a hard week manz... so many papers.... so little studying... even wasted 2 DAYZ at fatty's place.... actually one but the whole of the nxt day waz spent recuperating frm killing too many silly virtual gruntz in DYNASTY WARRIORS 4! my goodness.... yk... u had to tempt me... u juz had to.... *ROAR*...

niway on with the week.... had first paper on monday (no prizes for correct guesses)... chem prac.... wasn't too bad... the onli bad part waz actually WAITING for it to start.... i mean... waiting for 2 HOURS for the official opening of the prelims is juz... juz... head-thumping... adrenaline-pumping... eh... nvm... bottomline: waiting = wrong... juz all wrong...

so yader yader yader went thru the week with boring, some overtly mentally taxing papers... even abt 1 or 2 dat r not fit for humans to do.... at least humans who nv studied.. haha.. :P aaaaaaand finally... here i am in a saturday (today)... had paper dis morning n ate breakfast out with me mom (delicious, *slurp*-worthy dim sum)... went home n napped.... n woke up at 2.30!! sighz... couldn't make it for church... sianed... so here i am trying to past time by blogging... since ppl haf been wanting me to update.. haha...

well... niway watz more meaningful behind the prelims dis week waz actually a chance to relearn wat i haf lost for almost 2 yrs.... it waz perhaps a slight renewal of my consciousness of God in the prelims.... i guess i lost dis consciousness of Him ever since i got into SAJC... hehe.... no offence to me frenz there for the first 3 months but yeah... i dun blame them... i can onli blame myself for enjoying myself too much... by ravelling in satisfying my social wants dat i haf forgotten abt bringing God into my life... n ever since then it waz a downward spiral.... relatively bad O's results... not getting to sch of choice (SOC?? haha.. :P)... events juz took a turn for the worst.... or so i thought then...

itz been a hard 1 yr for me last yr... trying to get to grips with not getting baq into my SOC... at the same time adapting to the whole new world of NYJC... while wishing i had been posted to CJ instead where all my frenz are... it got quite bad.... but thank God i didn't turn into a veri bitter hearted person... i waz juz... i dun tink depressed but juz demoralised... itz times like these dat i tend to wallow in self-pity n turn into a self-centered freak questioning the veri existence of L1R5 limits to entrance to a JC... itz dis self-centeredness dat, i tink, killed my sensitivity to God....

then one yr has past... on to 2004... where i juz recovered from pulling out of this silly little "trauma" if u may call it... itz been another tough 8 months... not so much socially (i tink i'm better off socially instead...) as spiritually.... finding new frenz in itself is not a bad thing.... but i guess the self-centeredness stuck onto to me for most part of the 8 months... even tho i tried renewing dis consciousness of God in my life by trying to pick up doing my quiet time again... it juz didn't do the trick....

not until this week.... i find dat i'm actually conscious of God at the start of everyday n before the start of most of the papers... n i'm happy for myself because of dat... i'm happy dat i dun haf to force myself to remember to pray b4 every paper n thus making it look like a chore or ritual to do dat... i'm happy dat at least i'm slightly baq on track in my journey of life with God...

i guess, for now, good grades aren't so much of a concern for me.... not because i'm sooper confident dat i'll get them.. but because i found something better.... something dat wun last me onli for dis silly exam or the nxt... but for life... i'm confident dat dis consciousness of God in my life will help me get thru many of life's little hiccups as well as "traumas"... anyway the grades for prelims wun realli matter for entrance to uni yah?? haha.. :P

well... mentioned earlier dat i thought getting into NY waz a bad thing... truth is i didn't realli fancy the idea of gg frm a so-called "english" school to another so-called "cheena" sch at first... but after one full yr of getting to know the culture n the people there... my verdict is, which btw has been endorsed by mr handsome n mr tee, "it doesn't matter which sch u're in... watz more impt is the ppl whom u meet n interact with everyday in sch"...

frankly speaking... i still dun like the way NY is being run... but i dun care.. as long as my frenz n teachers aren't all (n i emphasise ALL) bitches i'm fine... doesn't matter if i'm in SA or NJ... itz the ppl who r with u dat matters... n i find dat me classmates r a veri colourful bunch of ppl n there's no place else where u can get a similar chemistry of ppl....

if i had been posted to my SOC... or if i had accepted the approved appeal into my SOC... i would NEVER EVER have learnt these lessons n i will NEVER be exposed to such a diverse range of characters like me classmates... everyday is interesting with all the silly antics n dialogue among ourselves.... these moments r priceless... i'm sure most of u ppl can identify with wat i'm saying... coz each class in each school has itz own unique chemistry... n i haf God to thank for allowing me to learnt these wonderful lessons...

well.. itz been a loooong entry.... been at it for 1.5 hrs!! woah.. haha... but yeah... itz been a wonderful time of reflection n i'm more content with my current state in life now.... hehe... well... guess i shld stop here... so til the nxt entry... cyaz~.. ^^

PS: if u managed to read to the end of the entry, give urself a pat on the back n tag me board.... ur achievement will be acknowledged.. haha... n i'm tinking of changing the layout of me blog... so if anyone has any suggestions pls tag me or tell me in preson or something... juz let me know.. haha.. :D cheers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home