Lamer's Corner ~ can't stand it...

Friday, October 01, 2004

reminisce....

hey ppl.... baq with another update... wanted to update like everyday but yeah... got distracted as usual.. haha... niway todae marks the beginning of the unofficial "study break".. coz sch's still on for nxt week... :/ but yeah... a study break to speak abt is definitely a gd start.. ^^

nxt week starting on morning-only timetable.... as in gtg to sch in teh morning for lects onli... then the whole afternoon is for u to mug/waste* (delete where appropriate) away... oh well... works for me... at least i wun be like some other ppl.... come baq to sch for onli 1 lect... sad life...

niway dun haf much to tok abt todae... will juz do a bit of a reflection i guess.... since todae is the so-called "last day" of sch proper... i guess itz natural to tink abt the pass 2 yrs of ur life u've spent in the sch.... i muz say my first yr wasn't a veri "gd" yr per say... still had qualms over being in NY.... n all dat nonsense.... still tinkin of SOC.... still in J1 mood.... relaking one corner like dat.... weren't realli talkin much to me classmates.... n i guess me classmates weren't comfortable with opening up to each other as well... guyz kept to themselves... gerz kept to themselves.... not much unity... yah.. n all dat crap... it waz real crappy.... altho it isn't the main reason y i didn't like NY...

second yr.... well... started off more or less the same... but i guess i opened up more to ppl in NY after the talentime thingie.... yeah... dat waz like sometime in march i guess.... after the J1's got baq their O's results.... yeah.... i guess i had some form of association with something or some ppl by being in a band.... n oso had fun jamming.... tho had to lug me silly violin all over the place.... haha... but rememebering the song we performed realli gives a deep nostalgic feeling.... with a tinge of sadness as well esp at such a time like dis... yeah.. the song waz "yesterday n today" by do as infinity... the first part of the lyrics is realli meaningful... "dear frenz... so long... wasurenai..." *sad* (for ur info... wasurenai = unforgettable... something to dat effect i guess.. hehe.. help me out fritz..) itz a sad gdbye song... ironically we sang it at the beginning of the yr when we were starting to warm up to each other.... hehe.. the simple funny ironies of life... *smirk*

well... got to reconcile my so-called "grudges" against NY dis yr... which is a gd thing... dat means i can move on with life... w/o stagnating n rotting at a particular spot in life... i guess itz dat static state n reluctance to adapt to the situation dat tends to make ppl immature.... i know i feel immature abt the way i felt last yr when i tink abt it now.. hehe...for those with regrets in life.... juz leave them be n move on with life... or else u'll nv EVER develop a deeper character... i do haf regrets in life dat i know i cannot lay to rest forever... but i juz try not to tink abt them.... the present calls for being able to let go of the past n moving in anticipation of the future....

niway abt classmates.... i guess i haf said dis b4... they're a colourful bunch... frm different walks of life... me being the odd one out i guess.. hehe... but i'm fine with it... in fact i'm appreciative of this fact... this means i get to immerse myself in different cultures.... different interests... different thought-processes... different personalities.... all these make a person acquire a balanced personality n allows one to mature more "wholesomely" thru recognising both the glam of the so-called "ang-moh" sch's n the "down-to-earth-ness" of the so-called "cheena/neighbourhood" sch's.... i can live with dat...as mentioned b4... i wouldn't haf learnt many of the life lessons drawn in my time in NY in any other sch.... each having their own distinct n unique chemistry n culture.... so MB... i guess there r lessons in NY which u couldn't haf learnt in ur SOC as well... hope dat helps u resolve ur "problem" with NY.. haha... :)

well... one regret i haf is dat i guess we as a class have onli started opening up to each other towards the second half of the yr.... i regret not trying to open up to u ppl earlier.... but i guess dis can't be helped... even if i wanted to... not many ppl would haf wanted to in a situation like last yr's... well... as i mentioned... dun live with regrets... juz move on n i guess we gotta make best of the time we haf left as a class b4 we go our seperate ways.... guyz to NS (bleahz)... gerz to their respective local or some overseas universities... we'll meet other ppl... n dis bond of frenship may not last.... no matter how many times we meet a yr... sooner or later we will haf our own commitments n we wun be able to meet each other as oftenly as we want to... perhaps we may not even want to meet up in future due to all these commitments.... so i guess we shld treasure n cherish it while it lasts presently....

waz tinking of setting CNY as a annual meeting time for out class.... then we can lou1 hei2 together each yr.... catch up with each other... rmb the times we spent together.... haha... sound like so old.... but yeah... i'm serious abt the annual meeting thingie... :)

itz been a great 1 yr i guess.. hehe... last yr waz... hmm.. okok larz... but i muz say dat i realli enjoyed myself in the presence of such frenz in sch when we r as a class.... i guess many (i wun say all.. hehe..) would like to stick with each other for a longer time at least.... but as they say.... (loosely translated) "there is no banquet under heaven dat doesn't end"... datz the sad part abt life... but oh well.. we gotta live with it.... *smirk*

well... i guess wateva happens.... we gotta take charge of our own future.... of course not at the expense of others ard u.... i like the song "drive" by incubus... sounds like some gothic heavy metal but nah.... itz a veri nice easy-gg song... with veri meaningful lyrics... it calls out to all to take charge of our own lives... get the mp3 to appreciate the song better.. hehe.. enjoy~ :)

Drive
By Incubus

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much
I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
It's driven me before, and it seems to have a vague,
haunting mass appeal.
But lately I'm beginning to find that I
should be the one behind the wheel.

Whatever tomorrow brings,
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes, Yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there..I'll be there.

So, if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?
Aah-ah-oo-o-o.

It's driven me before and it seems to be the way
that everyone else gets around.
But lately I'm beginning to find that when
I drive myself my light is found.

Whatever tomorrow brings,
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes, Yeahhh
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there...I'll be there.

Would you choose water over wine....hold the wheel and drive?

Whatever tomorrow brings,
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes, Yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there..I'll be there.
Do do do do do do do do
ok.. itz a long entry... n i tink i've been tinking too much abt dis kinda sad stuff... gotta give myself a break.. haha.. :P so til the nxt entry... ciaoz~... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home